Provided for carbon steel, stainless steel, -5% chr moly, +5% chr moly piping in the fabrication shop, on pipe racks, pipe bridges/racks, and in plant areas.
PIPING 'EMMA' EXPLAINED
See example slide show
Eminently suitable for use on desk-top, lap-top, I-PAD, or tablet, particularly during the early stages of a project, an 'EMMA' can serve to estimate the manhours and cost thereof likely to be required for the execution of a given scope of construction work. Also to identify the rate at which the work will have to be completed, the numbers of people that will be required to maintain that rate of progress and when. Thereafter an EMMA can be used to monitor actual progress in line with target requirements, to update quantities and to project where manpower needs will change. Info can be uploaded to CHIP and worked on in home offices, but when on site, or at a meeting, an I-pad or tablet will have the latest info immediately to hand! Furthermore, info can be updated whilst 'on the hoof'!
An EMMA can be used for a minor task, involving minimal quantities, or a major project covering thousands of items and activities. Finally, by using 'Real Time Sync' an EMMA can be used to securely share information and/or receive input from colleagues electronically and to continue its use as a live document indefinitely.
INPUTS (White cells for info input)
1. Quantities - Input whatever information happens to be available at the outset, using 'educated guesses' where gaps can intelligently be filled. Update whenever new or more accurate details become available.
2. Local $ manhour cost rate - Can be any currency, as a base cost, or marked up cost, or whatever rate might be appropriate.
3. Revision date (Optional) - Can be useful to keep a record of when changes were last made.
4. Working day - Select the number of working hours per day that are planned.
5. Work week - Select the number of days per week that are likely to be worked.
6. Schedule (Optional) - Select the number of man-months that are scheduled for the work.
7. Plan start & finish dates (Optional) - Select from the drop down calendar.
8. References (Optional) - Drawing numbers, job numbers etc
9. Real Time Sync. (Optional) - See other.
10. Calender month column headings - Can be changed to suit user's actual schedule.
11. Plan % per month (Optional) - Enter a value for each schedule month, building up to 100%
12. Actual % per month (Optional) - When work starts, enter a % value for progress in each month, derived from measurement.
OUTPUTS (e.g. Welding)
a) Estimated total manhours - All personnel.
b) Estimated total manhour cost. - Overall cost of all personnel.
c) Total weld diameter inches - Used on site to assess welding progress.
d) Estimated manhours per dia-inch - Bench mark info.
e) Chart 1 Rates of progress - Planned and actual compared, enabling corrective actions to be taken.
f) Chart 2 Manpower - Illustrative only
REAL TIME SYNC. Calculators & 'EMMAs' are 'equipped' with 'Real-time Sync' enabling live interaction with colleagues. Multiple users can update an estimate in a live session, or at any other time suitable to make operations more efficient. Real-time Sync can also be used as an interactive presentation tool, where other users of a web conference can try their ideas directly. The results are saved automatically and when you return to a calculation session, it always contains the latest values.
SAMPLE PIPING 'EMMA'
A multi-purpose EMMA can also be used for any piping 'bulk' activity, involving a physically measurable unit of construction work scope that is quantified in tens, hundreds or thousands. For example, feet or metres of piping in systems or in total for a plant. The EMMA can be used:
Initial requirements for inputting are the estimated total quantity; definition of the unit (say m3); an estimate of man-hours required per unit; and the average number of hours to be worked each month. Thereafter, inputting should be in accordance with notes provided. NOTE: For the EMMA to work, values must be inputted to all lines in Sheet 2 TABLES, from Month 1.
Use of an EMMA will be of particular interest to anyone with responsibility for getting a work scope package completed on or ahead of schedule.
Copy results from EMMAs into this summary sheet for a convenient overview.