YOUR WEB-SITE HOST
Your host for this website is semi-retired construction engineer, Peter (aka Mike) Farrell. During 40 years in the business of constructing industrial plants around the world, he collected a considerable amount of information, much of which will be useful as long as people continue to build such facilities, virtually in perpetuity. "Constructing Industrial Projects" is intended as a vehicle to pass this knowledge on to anyone who can make use of it, absolutely free. Mike is a 'Kiwi' living near Tauranga, New Zealand, from where he operates a quick response construction documentation review service via e-mail.
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
• Originally trained as a Marine Engineer, Mike entered the construction industry as a supervisor on nuclear power stations for the UK’s Central Electricity Generating Board.
• Subsequently he has held positions variously as Field Engineer, Construction Superintendent, Planner, Contracts Administrator, Site Manager, home office Construction Engineer, Resident Construction Manager, QA Manager, Studies/Proposals/Business Development Manager, and Construction Director.
• Projects have included oil & gas (onshore & offshore), chemicals & petrochemicals, mining & minerals, power generation, pharmaceuticals & general industrial facilities.
• Main employers have been English Electric(UK), Humphreys & Glasgow(UK), Murray & Roberts(SA), George Wimpey(UK), Selection Trust(UK & Australia), & Foster Wheeler(UK & USA).
• Clients have included CEGB, NW Gas Board, Shell, BP, Exxon/Esso, Mossgas, Petronas, Total, Chevron, Anglo American, Caltex
• Apart from working within the UK & Ireland, assignments have taken Mike to Ghana, South Africa, Canada, Spain, Australia, the Middle East, USA, various Latin American countries, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia & Mali, as well as short visits to other countries for studies & proposals activities.
• Mike is computer literate, self equipped, and competent in several software packages, including MS Project (Planning), Word, Excel (Spreadsheets) & Powerpoint (Presentations). Good interpersonal & presentation skills.
Anyone can make their own website with Jimdo -- easily and for free! Choose templates, click to customize, add content in just seconds. It's that simple!
Sign up for your own free website at www.jimdo.com and get started right away.